Sunday, September 25, 2011

Have Cookies, Will Travel

These administration classes are kicking my butt in terms of homework. I can honestly say that I am a bit overwhelmed. I didn't anticipate it being so much. It's well worth it and I am certainly learning a lot. I'll make it, but boy am I tired!    
We had back-to-school night this week. I had a lot of parents this year, even Senior parents came! I showed off our new document cameras and talked about the new senior math class we're piloting. It was a great night, no complaints, and I got out earlier than I thought. The only downside, I missed a lot of season premieres that night! Thank goodness for Tivo, unfortunately with all the homework I haven't been able to catch up on them yet. Maybe next week.....
    
My husband had won a contest being offered by his Alma mater (Sacred Heart University) for a free night stay at a hotel and tickets to the homecoming game for this weekend. It was nice to get away, even for just one night. We got to participate in the tailgate prior to the game, had free lunch, watched his team win the game, got a free appetizer at a local restaurant(Flipside Burgers and Bar ), tried a new frozen yogurt shop(16 Handles), and spent some quality time together. It was a nice distraction from all that I had waiting at home (papers, case analysis, articles, project proposals).

These cookies were a special request for a colleague of my father-in-laws who was moving. She ended up moving before they were delivered. So my father-in-law shipped them to her new home in New York. I am pleased to say they survived the trip and she loved them! I was very skeptical that they only had four ingredients, but they were so good. You can also add more to them, chocolate chips, raisins, etc if you wanted to.

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
from glutenfreegirl.com
Oven 350

One cup creamy peanut butter


One cup white sugar

One teaspoon baking powder

One egg











Cream the peanut butter and sugar in a bowl.

















Beat in the baking powder.

















Add the egg. Mix until it is all well combined.

The dough will be sticky, so be prepared to get your hands messy.










Roll some dough into a ball (I used a small cookie scoop). Roll the ball into white sugar.












Line a baking sheet, covered in parchment paper or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, with sugary balls of dough.


Bake in the oven for about ten minutes. You will know the cookies are done when they feel coherent, but still a little soft.






Take the tray out of the oven and let the cookies rest for at least five minutes. Afterwards, carefully transfer them to a cooling rack. After ten minutes or so, they will have hardened and be glistening with sugar.

No comments: