Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hello My Friend

Ten years ago today, my husband and I started talking again, after being apart for over a year. I had just started my freshman year of college and didn't quite grasp what was happening as I got ready for my classes that day. Thankfully, neither of us lost anyone in the events of that day. However, we gained a deeper understanding of the love that we shared and missed so much. We began talking everyday, sometimes for hours using calling cards. We didn't have cell phones then! Although the events of that day will forever be in all of our minds, I will also always remember it as the day I got my best friend back.


After four days of school, I have high hopes for the school year. I have primarily freshman (algebra and geometry) and one senior level math (advanced mathematical decision making). So far, I've really enjoyed being back. I don't necessarily enjoy being up so early, but it's good to be teaching again.

I also started my administration (6th year) classes. The one class I've been to was great. I felt that the teacher had so much insight into being an administrator and being in a classroom.My Monday class is the one I'm a bit stressed over. Having not actually met the teacher or had class yet, I already have five chapters to read and many reviews/assignments to write. I'm always up for a challenge, but does it have to be so great of one?

As far as the house goes, we have been primarily still dealing with cleaning up after hurricane Irene. My husband has really been stepping up to the challenges of new home ownership. He even went so far as to get out on the roof and clean out gutters! It seems like something so little, but it's a whole new thing for us!


Peaches and Cream Pie
from food.com
Oven 350

Pie:
3 cups fresh peeled and chopped peaches
1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter

Place 3 cups fresh peaches into pie pastry.




In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt. Add eggs and sour cream.Blend well.
















Spoon mixture over peaches.

















In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.A pastry blender works well, but two forks or two knives will also work.















Sprinkle meal mixture evenly over pie. Bake 60 minutes or until golden.












Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments: