- Mini Apple Crumb Cakes
- from myrecipes.com
- Oven 350
- 2 sweet baking or eating apples, such as Royal Gala
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add apples; cook for about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar and salt. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, walnuts and baking soda. In another bowl, beat together egg and vanilla extract. Stir apple and egg mixtures into flour. Spoon batter into cupcake liners about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Remove from pan to racks to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.