Sunday, September 30, 2012

Collaborative

 
I truly believe the only way for things to change is to be the change. That being said, I have not felt as though I have been capable of being that change lately. I have realized that I can not do it alone, I need the support and help of others who also want change. For most of my life I have been independent, even being voted "Class Individual." It's time for me to finally see what I try to enforce in my classroom on a daily basis, "Life is a group task, a collaborative effort...."











Cocoa Nutmeg Snickerdoodles

1 cup sugar
5 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/3 cup fat-free dairy sour cream
1 slightly beaten egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
 


Beat the 1 cup sugar and butter or margarine in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sour cream, egg , and vanilla. Beat till just combined.










Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and baking soda in a small bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to sour cream mixture, beating till just combined. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours or till easy to handle.









Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Combine the 2 tablespoons sugar and cocoa powder. Roll balls in sugar-cocoa mixture. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degrees oven for 10 to 11 minutes or till edges are golden. Cool cookies on a wire rack.(Makes 48 Cookies)

No comments: