Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day Birthday

I do not have a recipe or pictures this week. It's my birthday and no one should have to make their own birthday cake. My husband is taking me to one of my favorite bakeries, Pastiche Fine Desserts, for my favorite cake, their classic vanilla cake. It's simple, but so good.

One of the best birthday presents I could have received came just a few hours ago. Our realtor called and said we have a house! I can't believe we're homeowners! We 've been thinking about this house since we saw it. My husband has even been talking about it in his sleep. We negotiated back and forth (which in my opinion can be quite a waste of paper) and finally agreed. We have a while before closing and still have to do the home inspection (I keep thinking about the HGTV show Holmes on Homes). Our new house is exactly what we wanted: two fireplaces, two car garage, four bedrooms, two and a half baths, a partially finished basement, a great kitchen, a deck connecting to a pool, and a screened-in porch. What we don't want: the flower wallpaper and pink bedrooms(they had three girls). So we'll have time to work on removing wallpaper and repainting. What an exciting day!

No comments: