Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cheering for my Runner

 No news on the house right now. We're basically in a waiting period until the closing, at the end of June.
We've been talking a lot about improvements we'll make and what are favorite parts of the house are. Our vacation this year will not be to a European country or to Disney world, instead we will be having a "stay-cation" at our new home. At least we'll have a pool!

 My husband ran in his first 5K yesterday in under 26 minutes. I am so proud of him! There weren't many bystanders/cheerleaders out that early in the morning, on a Saturday, but I got to see him at the 1/2 mile mark and at the 3 mile mark. He kept a great pace and I know he appreciated the cheers. I even had a few runners ask to trade places during the race (sorry folks, I'm not a runner), two people that were driving by asked for directions, and a bicyclist asked why I was sitting on the side of the road with a folding chair and book (because I love my husband).










Blueberry Sour Cream Pie
adapted from Bon Appetit June 1995
Oven 400

FILLING
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 egg, beaten to blend
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries


TOPPING
6 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/3 cup chopped almonds
2 tablespoons sugar


FOR FILLING:
Mix first 6 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Mix in blueberries. Spoon into pie crust. Bake until filling is just set, about 25 minutes.










FOR TOPPING:
Using fingertips, mix flour and butter in medium bowl until small clumps form. Mix in pecans and sugar. Spoon topping over pie. Bake until topping browns lightly, about 12 minutes. Cool pie to room temperature.






No comments: