Monday, August 23, 2010

Do I have to play games?



I used to watch this show all the time and I think the theme song is very appropriate for my life right now...

Yes, today was my first day at new school. It is the start of five long days of orientation, two for new teachers and three more for everyone. And, yes, they made me play games. In all fairness it was just a game of Getting to Know you Bingo. I told my husband I was going to be super social and involved at this new school, for those of you that know me this is not the norm. So, I played the game the way my husband would (Mr. Social) and I won! My prize......I got to introduce myself to the whole group first!?!? Um, is that a prize? Some would say the prize is meeting so many new people and having the new connections....I was looking for something a little more like a Bingo Champion Trophy...or a button at least :). Overall the day went pretty smoothly and I did learn a lot about the new school district. So Day 2 is tomorrow.

I do have to say that throughout today I kept thinking of my first day as a teacher in old school. That first day I met my friends Dave and Kate. We immediately hit off and I know it won't be the same here without them. I can't believe that was 6 "first day of schools" ago. I miss them already.....

The "I'm Trading With that Kid" Sandwich
1 flour tortilla ( about 7.5 inches)
2 teaspoons mayonnaise or substitute
1/2 avocado
1 splash lemon juice
2 ounces thinly sliced turkey
alfalfa sprouts
3 slices tomatoes

Spread the mayonnaise on the tortilla, making sure to leave at least 1/2 inch around the outside. Scoop the flesh from the avocado and mash, mixing with a splash of lemon juice. You should end up with about 1 1/2-2 tablespoons mashed avocado. Spread avocado over mayonnaise. Add the turkey and a thin layer of sprouts. Place the 3 tomato slices in a line down the center of the tortilla. Make sure you don't fill the tortilla too full or get too close to the edge. Carefully roll the tortilla into a wrap. Cut into two pieces, if desired.

No comments: