Saturday, August 14, 2010

Celebrating the end....

Tomorrow my husband and I will be off on our annual Summer vacation/Anniversary trip. This year, we are headed back to Disney World. We have all sorts of things planned including a massage at the Beach Club for me, a trip to ESPN Wide World of Sports for him, many walks around World showcase in Epcot for both of us, and just enjoying my last week of vacation. I can't believe I'll be starting my new job in a little over a week! I'm ready...I hope!

Disney French Toast

French Toast:
1 Loaf Texas toast thick bread
2 eggs
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk
1 cup flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Coating:
4 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar

Mix all french toast ingredients, except bread, in a bowl. Mix the coating ingredients in a smaller bowl. Heat frying pan with vegetable oil on medium heat. When ready to fry, dip bread in egg mixture and fry in pan until golden brown on both sides. Remove, pat with paper towel, and sprinkle with coating mixture. These can be easily frozen if you have extra.

No comments: