Thursday, July 8, 2010

Taking apart

We've successfully taken apart the guest bedroom, including the bed, and it is now a room of boxes. Floor to ceiling. Surprisingly, the bed came apart a lot quicker than I remember it going together. Isn't that always the way?

Happy late 4th of July! Hope everyone had a good one. Fireworks, parade, leftover pasta salad.... We had a good time at our small get together, using the deck for the last 4th picnic.

I got fingerprinted yesterday, and no, they did not have the electronic one. You go to another state and you have to prove it's you. I guess that makes me feel somewhat safe. I am the teacher I say I am.

After that, I went to enroll in classes for my masters. It's required here, so I might as well get a jump on it. Two classes in the fall. I'm not totally excited about it, but as my husband said, "Maybe it'll be better than you think." Ahh, to be an eternal optimist....

A grill recipe...

Grilled Squash

3 medium yellow squash
3 medium zucchini
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon thyme (2 teaspoons if fresh thyme)
1/3 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Cut squash lengthwise to create strips, not too thin (about 1/4 inch). Put in large bowl. Add vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until squash is evenly covered. Refrigerate for at least an hour. The longer you refrigerate, the stronger the marinade. Grill for a few minutes on each side ( you have to eyeball this, depending on your grill and squash thickness).

No comments: