Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sisterly Advice

You may remember the Christmas Cookie Exchange with my family, where we made what seemed like a million cookies(post). My sister, Kimberly, made some very popular Oreo cookie truffles. Inspired by her recipe, I decided to create a healthier sugar free version. I went to the store with the intention of swapping the regular Oreos with sugar-free Oreos. However, I guess I invented those....I found reduced fat, but those still had a good amount of sugar. My sister-in-law Kelley suggested using the sugar-free chocolate wafers that come in the 80 calorie packs. So this recipe is a creation with lots of sisterly advice!

Sugar-Free Oreo Cookie Truffles

6 packs Murray Sugar Free Chocolate Bites
1 pkg 8 oz. Neufchâtel Cream Cheese
about 2-4 oz Sugar Free Chocolate










In a food processor, crush cookies into fine cookie crumbs.












In a separate bowl, blend together cookie crumbs and cream cheese. Allow to chill in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.

















Scoop mixture and roll into balls (makes about 14, but you could make more by making them smalled). At this point you can add the lollipop sticks or leave as is. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Melt chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between. Drizzle chocolate over truffles to coat fully. Place back in the refrigerator to set.

No comments: