Sunday, April 10, 2011

Found

Despite the vitamin C every morning and hand sanitizer throughout the day, sickness found me. I thought if I had made it through March I had conquered the "sick student bug". However, I was wrong and home bound for two days. After being out on Thursday, I woke up Friday morning, felt awful, but tried to get ready for work. I looked at myself in the mirror and knew that no one needed to see me this sick. I promptly called out and sent sub plans to a co-worker. I always feel bad being out of work, but I know that it's better for everyone if I take the time I need to get better and not spread my sickness. Now I am feeling much better and will be in to finish closing the third quarter grades on Monday.

Lemon Cupcakes
from crazibeautiful.com
Oven 350

1 package lemon cake mix
1 small package lemon instant pudding
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream













Mix dry ingredients (cake mix and instant pudding) together.











Add water and oil, mix for 2 minutes.












Mix in eggs and sour cream until well blended.













Put into cupcake liners (makes about 22 cupcakes) and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool before eating. Top with your favorite buttercream frosting, maybe with lemon flavoring added! (suggestion for frosting below picture)



Lemon Buttercream Frosting:


1 cup (2 sticks) butter, very soft
6-8 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest

Place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Add 4 cups of sugar, then the juice and the zest. Beat until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, until icing is thick.





No comments: