Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's about being first...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Hope everyone got to spend it with family and friends like we did! Many people asked me about my blog and future recipes. My husband's uncle announced, after cooking the turkey, that he may start a new blog called Cooking in Construction Boots!

I did not venture out on Black Friday...there was nothing I needed that bad! But, how crazy was that lady in Florida who was waiting outside a store for a week?!? And what did she want? "Nothing, it's just about being first...."

I did a lot of baking this week...Chocolate Cream Pie, Apple Rum Raisin Pie,and Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake. Since it was my first cheesecake ( which I don't actually even eat) I decided to post that recipe. In case you're wondering my father-in-law gives it two thumbs up and says I can make him cheesecake anytime! And we both agree that the springform pan is one of the best inventions!


Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake
adapted from Kraftfoods.com

Oven:325

40 NILLA Wafers, crushed
5 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened, divided
1 cup sugar, divided
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. vanilla, divided
3 eggs
1 tub (8 oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed

Mix wafer crumbs and butter.



Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.




Beat 3 pkg. cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp. vanilla with mixer until well blended.



Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.



Bake 50 to 55 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely in pan.



Beat remaining cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer in large bowl until well blended.




Whisk in whipped topping; spread over cheesecake.



Refrigerate 4 hours. Remove rim of pan before serving cheesecake.

No comments: