Friday, June 25, 2010

New Digs

I went to visit NS yesterday. I felt like the transfer student...new building, new rules, new state test, new people, new way of doing everything! Luckily, I think it will be a great place to work at. I get my own classroom with a smartboard, I have great classes ( Algebra 1 and Geometry), and people seem very nice. I can't wait to go in and start setting up the room. The only bad thing is that I can't have a coffee pot in my room. I'll have to walk all the way to the teacher's lounge for my java.(I was spoiled at OS). It's the price you pay for new digs!

An "it's too hot to turn the oven on" Dessert

Mixed Berry Dessert


3 tablespoons orange juice
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh orange rind
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup blackberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed

Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add berries, tossing gently. Spoon mixture into individual dessert dishes. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings (1/2 cup each)

No comments: